Face shield personal protective equipment (PPE)
|size (curr.)||3767 kB|
|license||GNU General Public License v3.0|
The goal of this project is to create a low cost, high quality, reusable face shield that can be quickly deployed.
This face shield is currently in use in London Health Sciences Centre in the Emergency Department.
This face shield is made by Mike Doell (@mike_doell)
To purchase, go to https://store.glia.org
Bill of Materials
- 1 head piece (headpiece.stl)
- 1 buckle (buckle.stl)
- 50cm x 1cm Elastic strap
- Large: 28cm x 25cm x 0.125mm (5mil or greater) clear plastic sheet such as Mylar (facesheet-large.svg)
- Small (default): 28cm x 23cm x 0.125mm (5mil or greater) clear plastic sheet such as Mylar (facesheet-small.svg)
- Use PETG or ABS
- Layer height: 0.3mm
- Use PrusaSlicer 2.2 or above to import 3MF file
- Modify filament and printer settings as needed.
- DO NOT MODIFY PRINT SETTINGS
- Export and print
Mylar sheet Instructions
- Cut the mylar sheet with a laser cutter or die cutting machine if available.
- If a cutter is not available, you may manually cut the sheets to 28cm x 25cm. Consider rounding corners as per template
- Disassemble head piece from strap and mylar sheet
- Soak entire shield and strap for 1 minute in warm bleach solution in well-ventilated area
- Rinse with water
- Hang to dry
- See Assembly Instructions illustration for a visual guide
- Insert strap into printed head piece
- Loop strap through buckle and attach to self using heat or a dab of glue
- Insert clear plastic sheet, using strap to hold mylar in place.
As per our understanding, hardware is not covered by copyright. However, we present our work under the TAPR OHL or GPLv3 licenses insofar as it applies.