Intel Owl: analyze files, domains, IPs in multiple ways from a single API at scale
|size (curr.)||21125 kB|
|license||GNU Affero General Public License v3.0|
For urgent issues and priority support, visit https://xscode.com/intelowlproject/IntelOwl.
Do you want to get threat intelligence data about a malware, an IP or a domain? Do you want to get this kind of data from multiple sources at the same time using a single API request?
You are in the right place!
Intel Owl is an Open Source Intelligence, or OSINT solution to get threat intelligence data about a specific file, an IP or a domain from a single API at scale. It integrates a number of analyzers available online and is for everyone who needs a single point to query for info about a specific file or observable.
- Provides enrichment of threat intel for malware as well as observables (IP, Domain, URL and hash).
- This application is built to scale out and to speed up the retrieval of threat info.
- It can be integrated easily in your stack of security tools (pyintelowl) to automate common jobs usually performed, for instance, by SOC analysts manually.
- Intel Owl is composed of analyzers that can be run to retrieve data from external sources (like VirusTotal or AbuseIPDB) or to generate intel from internal analyzers (like Yara or Oletools)
- API written in Django and Python 3.7.
- Inbuilt frontend client: IntelOwl-ng provides features such as dashboard, visualizations of analysis data, easy to use forms for requesting new analysis, etc. Live Demo.
Documentation about IntelOwl installation, usage, configuration and contribution can be found at https://intelowl.readthedocs.io/.
To know more about the project and it’s growth over time, you may be interested in reading the following:
Available services or analyzers
|Inbuilt modules||External Services||Free modules that require additional configuration|
You as a user of this project must review, accept and comply with the license terms of each downloaded/installed package listed below. By proceeding with the installation, you are accepting the license terms of each package, and acknowledging that your use of each package will be subject to its respective license terms.
osslsigncode, stringsifter, peepdf, pefile, oletools, XLMMacroDeobfuscator, MaxMind-DB-Reader-python, pysafebrowsing, PyMISP, OTX-Python-SDK, yara-python, GitPython, Yara community rules, Neo23x0 Yara sigs, Intezer Yara sigs, McAfee Yara sigs, Stratosphere Yara sigs, ReversingLabs Yara sigs, Samir Yara sigs, APKiD, Box-JS, Capa, Quark-Engine, IntelX, Speakeasy, Checkdmarc
This project was created and will be upgraded thanks to the following organizations:
Google Summer Of Code
Stay tuned for the upcoming GSoC 2021! Join the Honeynet Slack chat for more info.
About the author and maintainers
Feel free to contact the main developers at any time:
We also have a dedicated twitter account for the project: @intel_owl.