A modern OS for Kubernetes.
|size (curr.)||10014 kB|
|license||Mozilla Public License 2.0|
Talos is a modern OS designed to be secure, immutable, and minimal. All system management is done via an API, and there is no shell or interactive console. Some of the capabilities and benefits provided by Talos include:
- Security: Talos reduces your attack surface by practicing the Principle of Least Privilege (PoLP) and by securing the API with mutual TLS (mTLS) authentication.
- Predictability: Talos eliminates unneeded variables and reduces unknown factors in your environment by employing immutable infrastructure ideology.
- Evolvability: Talos simplifies your architecture and increases your ability to easily accommodate future changes.
For instructions on deploying and managing Talos, see the Documentation.
If you’re interested in this project and would like to help in engineering efforts, or have general usage questions, we are happy to have you! We hold two weekly meetings targeted for different audiences.
- When: Mondays at 17:00 UTC.
- Where: zoom.
Maintainers and Contributors
When attending this meeting, please add yourself to the meeting notes as an attendee. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, we encourage you to add it to the agenda.
- When: Thursdays at 17:00 UTC.
- Where: zoom.
You can subscribe to these meetings by joining the community forum above.
Note: You can convert the meeting hours to your local time.
Contributions are welcomed and appreciated! See Contributing for our guidelines.